RolePlay, Chat, Make Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody interested in House of Anubis?

Go down

Anybody interested in House of Anubis? Empty Anybody interested in House of Anubis?

Post  ofmiceandbrynne Mon May 09, 2011 8:24 pm

I wrote a "House of Anubis" fanfiction...if I get good feedback, I'll post Chapter 2 and 3. (:

Prologue

Okay, first off, let me just say this.
I thought my life was normal. I thought I had everything I could ever want, and my life was perfect. I had friends, I had money, I had education. I mean, how could it get any better? Well, I’ll tell you. I could have better grades. See, my mom and dad knew this guy named Victor. Scary guy. Anyway, long story short, he promised to “tutor” me, and that all would be well. Guess what? The jerk isn’t even going to tutor me, and my parents said they’d pick me up at the end of the term. The term ends in six months.

Part I.
Two Days
Told in the point of view of Hailey Ryan.

Chapter 1

So, basically, I’m stuck here. I thought as the car pulled up to the big house I’d be calling home. Anubis. It was a strange name, actually. I sighed, getting out of the car and lugging a small bag behind me. All the clothes I’d need, or at least I hoped.
Let me just tell you, I’m not at all the brightest bulb in the chandelier. I’m no Amber, but I ain’t Einstein either.
What is there to say about me? Not much. I knocked on the door, leaning against the old, wet brick wall that made up a part of Anubis. I took a breather, and suddenly saw a woman come to the door. She had to be, what, 45? I don’t like to guess ages.
“Hello there!” She said. “I’m Trudy. Welcome to the House. You must be…Hailey?”
“Yeah.” I responded, lugging my bag in. It was one bag, sure, but it was heavy.
“You’ve got a room by yourself, I’m afraid.” The woman said. “Upstairs, down the hall and to the left.” She said.
“Thanks.” I said, taking a minute to look around. This place was…ugly. I saw two people, a girl and a boy running through the hall. Didn’t bother to say hello. This was fun already.
I went upstairs, tossing my bag onto my bed. “Settled.” I said, looking around the drab, lonely room. I threw myself onto the bed, door still open. I shut my eyes tight, hoping the world would slowly slip away. It didn’t. I closed the door and got up reluctantly, changing into my Superman Pajama pants and a black tank top. I didn’t bother getting under the covers, just only using my last bit of energy to push the duffel off of the bed. I checked my watch. 11:30 P.M…

I woke up to find a note on my bedside dresser. I clutched it in my fingers, yawning, letting my long, black hair fall into my eyes.

Dear Hailey,

Breakfast will begin around 8:00 A.M. on the weekends and in the summers all week. In the school year (which starts in only a few weeks), breakfast begins at 7:00 A.M. Everyone wears their pajamas down to breakfast, unless it is a school morning, so do not feel pushed to get dressed. Bed is at 10:00, but you got an excuse for a later bedtime last night, which is why you did not get to meet everyone. Feel free to meet me downstairs at breakfast to meet everyone!

Trudy

I grinned a bit, checking the time. Breakfast started ten minutes ago. Eh, they were probably still sitting down there. I brushed my hair so it didn’t look like something died in it, and then opened my door. Still in my pajamas, I began to walk downstairs.
I got to the bottom step before realizing I was scared to death.
ofmiceandbrynne
ofmiceandbrynne
Roleplayer

http://j4ckbarakitty.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody interested in House of Anubis? Empty Re: Anybody interested in House of Anubis?

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Awesome Bowsy! Hehe, can I call you that? :3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anybody interested in House of Anubis? Empty Re: Anybody interested in House of Anubis?

Post  ofmiceandbrynne Tue May 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Heh. Thanks. And yeah.
ofmiceandbrynne
ofmiceandbrynne
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 pm

You have some talent Bowser. Omega talent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ofmiceandbrynne Wed May 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Here's Chapters 2 and 3. (:

Chapter 2

I heard people talking, though I wasn’t in their sight. What if they didn’t like me? What if they ignored me? Gosh, some people had been here for a while, and they all knew each other. What if they didn’t want someone else? Luckily, Trudy came and saw me before I panicked too much.
“Good morning!” She said brightly. “Are you ready to meet everyone?” I nodded, though I wasn’t really so sure. She began to walk towards the kitchen, so I followed.
“Remember I was telling you all about a new person here at the house?” She asked. They all nodded. “This is Hailey.” She said, gesturing to me. Some of the people looked at me in disgust, some looked at me with a look of consideration, and some smiled at me.
“There’s an open seat over here!” A blonde girl said, pulling out a chair for me. She looked eager. That was a good sign, so I went over there. “I’m Amber.” She said, putting out a hand to shake. Everyone had carried on, so I assumed they didn’t care. “I’m Hailey.” I smiled a bit. “I’m new here. You can just call me Hail if you want.” I’m new? Well, of course you’re new! Really, Hailey? I thought to myself.
“Everyone’s eating now. They’ll warm up to you later.” Amber said, smiling. “So, you want to hang out with me sometime? I can be, like, your new guide!” She said, beaming. She looked pretty happy. I couldn’t just turn her down.
“Sure.” I said, trying to keep eye contact with her. Amber saw that I was looking around at everyone else as I picked at my omelet that Trudy had served to me.
“Really, they’ll all get around to meeting you.” She smiled at me for what seemed like the one-thousandth time for today. I nodded, feeling more hope.
Guess what?
They didn’t.

Chapter 3

You know how time just seems to drag along when you’re bored? When you feel ignored? That’s what it felt like all day for me. I tried to fit in, but no one besides Amber wanted to be around me; and, strangely enough, she was never around much in the first place.
By 2:00, you can assume I was pretty bored. People would be around, and would say hi, but not many. They didn’t bother to stop and say, “Hi! Aren’t you the new girl?”
2:30: I’m resting my head on the back of the couch, eyes staring at the ceiling, listening to my iPod. I was drumming out the beats to the songs halfheartedly, dreaming that I could just let my beloved drumsticks slip through my fingers as I pounded out the song. Suddenly, a boy came walking through the living room. He had short, caramel-colored hair, and piercing blue eyes. As much as I hated to admit it, he was cute, too.
“Hailey, right?” He said, pulling my imaginary drumsticks out of my fingers and looking into my eyes. He had this beautiful smile, one that made me slip into an inescapable trance.
“Yeah.” I said, turning around to face him. I pulled my ear buds out of my ears, putting the song on pause. “You can call me Hail.”
“Jerome.” He said. “That’s my name, I mean. Jerome Clark.”
He looked at me for a few moments, then nodded. “So, yeah.”
“This was a dare, wasn’t it? ‘I dare you to go say hi to the new girl!’” I said, mocking a boy’s voice.
“No!” He laughed. “I just…wanted to say hi.”
“Oh really?” I challenged.
“Okay. Amber threatened to hit me with a pillow if I didn’t.” He admitted.
I tried to hold in laughter.
“So, anybody else here?”
“Yeah.” He nodded, looking at me like I’d gone mental or something.
“Doesn’t seem like it.” I sighed a bit.
“Hey,” He said, looking a bit sorry for me, “if you ever fancy hanging out…I’m only a few doors down.”
“”You don’t have to pretend to want to hang out with me, Jerome. Really.”
He gave a bit of a crooked smile.
“Good to know. From now on, I won’t lie to you.”
Those words triggered one of the best friendships I ever had…but sometimes, I wish he’d never said those words.

ofmiceandbrynne
ofmiceandbrynne
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum