RolePlay, Chat, Make Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need so much help in Spanish

2 posters

Go down

Need so much help  in Spanish  Empty Need so much help in Spanish

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Well time to start off I'm completely lost when we do time. Anyone can help?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Need so much help  in Spanish  Empty Re: Need so much help in Spanish

Post  Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:29 pm

i recommend goggle translate . i know little Spanish so does my mom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancin' Kate Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:40 am

I CAN HELP. xD I took a Spanish class for one semester, and we JUST studied time. :P Whatdya need help with?
Dancin' Kate
Dancin' Kate

http://"Wattpad"-http://www.wattpad.com/user/Kate1013

Back to top Go down

Post  That-Awkward-Kid Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 am

Time

The 'Es la' Rule
There is only one exception for everything below. One o'clock. When you are saying any time from 1:00-1:30 you have to say "Es la ___________" To say "It is one o'clock" you say "Es la una" To say "It is one twenty" you say "Es la una y veinte" *The 'Es la' rule applies only to the time 1:00-1:30* When you say any time after 1:30, even 1:31, you say it using the Menos Method explained below and when saying morning afternoon or night you add 'de la ______________' as explained in The Regular Time.
You also use this rule for saying 12:00 in the afternoon and 12:00 at night/in the morning, whatever you think, but only 12:00, not 11:59 or 12:01. BUT the rule changes a little. For 12:00 AM you say 'Es la mediodia' and for 12:00 PM you say "Es la medianoche' You do not say de la mañana or tarde or noche. It is implied in the saying. The literal translation of 'Es la mediodia' is 'It is midday/the middle of the day' and 'Es la medianoche' is 'It is midnight'

The Regular Time
This way of stating the time is only for o'clocks until thirty minutes. Anything past the half hour mark you use the menos method for. I know that sounds confusing.
When saying "It is ____________ o'clock" you say "Son las __________." For example six o'clock. It is six o'clock. Son las seis. Now if you want to say "It is ___________ o'clock in the morning" you say "Son las ______________ de la mañana" The morning=la mañana, the afternoon=la tarde, and the night=la noche. Whether it is morning or night depends on AM or PM, but it's up to you what you consider to be the afternoon.

When saying the hour you use your normal Spanish numbers. When saying the minutes you say y and then use your normal Spanish numbers.

Examples:
It is 4:00 in the afternoon. Son las cuatro de la tarde.
It is 7:12 at night. Son las siete y doce de la noche.
It is 11:27 in the morning. Son las once y veinte y siete (or veintisiete, depending on the preference of the teacher) de la mañana.

*When saying it is :15 you can say it is a quarter past. For example: It is 5:15. You can use the normal way and say Son las cinco y quince, or you can say it is a quarter past five. To say this you would say Son las cinco y cuarto. ***DO NOT MIX UP CUARTO (meaning 15 minutes) WITH CUATRO (meaning four)*** When saying it is :30 you can say it is half past. For example: It is 8:30 you could say Son las ocho y triente as usual, or you can say Son las ocho y media. I would assume teachers would prefer you to use cuarto and media rather than 15 and 30.

The Menos Method
When saying :31-:59 you use the menos method. For example you want to say 'It is 2:39' instead of saying 'Son las dos y treinte y nueve/treintinueve' you have to subtract. This sounds really confusing but it's actually very simple. It is 2:39. How many minutes is it until 3:00? 21 since there is 60 minutes in an hour and 39 already passed. 60-39=21. Sometimes people say its five minutes to three, meaning it's 2:55. We have to say that in Spanish. So for 2:39 you say 'It is 21 minutes to three' instead of 'It is two thirty-nine' To say this in Spanish you say 'Son las tres menos veinte y uno/veintiuno' literally translating as 'It is three minus twenty-one' When saying in the morning, afternoon, or night you add that as usual.

Examples:
It is 9:42. Son las diez menos diez y ocho/deiciocho.
It is 10:56 in the afternoon. Son las once menos cuatro de la tarde.
It is 1:51 in the morning. Son las dos menos nueve de la mañana.

*When saying it is :45 you can say menos cuarto. For example: It is 4:45. Son las cinco menos cuarto. It is 4:45 in the morning. Son las cinco menos cuarto de la mañana.

I believe that's everything. Hope that helped :)
That-Awkward-Kid
That-Awkward-Kid
Admin

https://keeproleplaying.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down